14. OzTAM will not sell, rent, or trade to third parties any personal information obtained from you unless you have consented.
15. We may disclose personal information without your consent, where:
a. the secondary purpose of disclosure is related (or in the case of sensitive information, directly related) to the primary purpose for which the information was collected and you would reasonably expect us to disclose that information for the secondary purpose;
b. it is unreasonable or impracticable to obtain your consent and we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious threat to your or the public’s health or safety;
c. we have reason to suspect that unlawful activities or serious misconduct have been or are being engaged in and we reasonably believe the disclosure is necessary to take appropriate action; or
d. the disclosure is reasonably necessary in preparing for or conducting proceedings before a court or tribunal, or for confidential alternative dispute resolution.
16. OzTAM has outsourced the collection of Television Audience Measurement (“TAM”) data to an independent third party. In order to deliver certain products or services to our customers, OzTAMâs service provider maintains a secure website on behalf of OzTAM, whereby our customers use an OzTAM provided username and password in order to access the secure website.
17. In order for our service provider to maintain the secure website, and for other third party software providers to deliver their services to you, certain information is provided to them to allow them to properly carry out their duties, such as:
i. your individual and organisation’s name;
ii. your contact details; and
iii. the term of access.
18. In order to deliver the services you require, OzTAM may also disclose your information to other organisations, including, but not limited to the following organisations:
i. information technology service providers;
ii. agents and other providers that we use in the ordinary operation of our business, such as for data processing, printing or mailing; and
iii. organisations contracted to provide administrative services.
19. Your personal information may also be provided to:
ii. our group companies, who may use your information for the same purposes as us;
iii. if we are taken over by another company (âtakeover companyâ), to the takeover company;
iv. persons or agencies which we are required to pass your information to, for law enforcement or regulatory purposes; and/or
v. external IT service providers to assist in ensuring the security of our computer network is maintained.